This coming Sunday is the London Orchard Festival!
Last year's festival was brilliant, with all sorts of fruit-related activities. This year's looks great too!
For more information see: http://
Orchardist’s Question time will be a panel discussion based on Radio 4’s popular ‘Gardener’s Question time’ and everyone is invited to participate with fruit-related questions! There's a great line-up on the panel, with experts from all areas of orchard knowledge, including:
· Dr Poppy Lakeman Fraser (OPAL & Imperial College) – orchard biodiversity and lichens
· Steve Oram (PTES) – orchard biodiversity
· Russel Miller – (Tree Muskateers) – Arboriculturalist and all round tree man
· Peter May – orchard expert and co-author of ‘Apples and Orchards in Sussex’
· Andy Howard – heritage fruit tree expert
· …and our very own Lewis McNeill – organic fruit growing and holistic orchard enthusiast
They are asking people to email questions in advance. Or you can have one read out on your behalf if you can’t make it to the festival.
Please email questions to lewis@thelondonorchardproject.
Chutney Championship – you can bring a sample of your chutney (or jam for the jam category) and enter the competition!
I'm going to take along my homemade apple curd - made with apples from my friend Nuria's tree.
Samples will be judged by French chef Jean Jacques, with extra points for ingredients being local, foraged, and organic.